Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
Financial indebtedness, violent crime, domestic violence and substance abuse among other things are a few examples as to why South Africans are severely impacted by stress and mental disorders. Employers experience the impact as the combination of these disorders places enormous strain on employees and their ability to perform at work and live healthy and fulfilled lives.
The World Health Organisation estimates that depression will be the second most disabling condition by 2020. The South African Depression and Anxiety Group estimates that 1 in 6 people will suffer from a mental disorder in their lifetime, costing the South African economy in excess of R35 billion a year in lost working days. The sad culmination of this disease burden is that every six minutes someone in South Africa tries to end their life.
Employers are realising that without an EAP, they will inevitably face the impact of mental health.
Kaelo's Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) aim to assist employees and their families in coping with the challenges of modern life, enhancing workplace well-being, mental health and productivity. Kaelo clients experience a positive return on investment through the implementation of our unique and proactive EAP which delivers market-leading engagement rates.
Our EAP service, delivered through a skilled team of registered and qualified psychologists and social workers, offers:
- Confidential counselling, health information and wellness education in all official languages
- Our counsellors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Emotional, financial and legal support services:
- Telephonic and face-to-face counselling to assist with personal problems such as stress, depression, addictions, relationships, abuse, trauma, work/life balance and goal setting
- Financial and legal advisors for advice and support with budgeting, debt counselling, finance, tax and legal matters
- Assistance with workplace trauma interventions
- A comprehensive online health portal with e-tutorials and the “Ask a Professional” health service
- Coaching and support to Managers to help them cope with responsibilities and to equip them to assist troubled employees
- Regular reporting to track utilisation and highlight key psychosocial issues prevalent to the workplace.
Our unique approach to positioning of the programme and marketing of the services ensures high utilisation and ultimately a higher return on investment. It also supports employee wellness, boosts productivity and morale whilst reducing absenteeism.